Little Five Points Community Center is located at:
1083 Austin Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
In 1919 the present building opened its doors as the new Moreland Elementary School, replacing the former “Neel Academy” site on Moreland Avenue. It served the Inman and Candler Park communities as a public school continuously through 1982, with as many as 900 students enrolled in 1928. After the school closed in 1982, the building attracted the attention of struggling non-profit organizations.
In the fall of 1982 the L5PCC, Inc. leased the building from the Atlanta School Board and set up operations with a mission to support arts, cultural, and community service organizations in the Little 5 Points area of Atlanta. We have continued to contribute to the stability of the in-town arts community and to the growth of community cultural organizations. As a successful experiment in adaptive reuse of older school buildings, L5PCC, Inc., purchased the site from the Atlanta School Board in 1995.
A non-profit entity, L5PCC, Inc., is managed by a Board of Directors composed of tenant organizations, community leaders, and neighborhood representatives. Our resident companies are non-profit groups with a wide range of state-chartered charitable goals and federal tax exemptions.